COMMUNITY NEWS & INFO (Updated 5/11/13)
PAVE LOW REUNION 2014
For the 2014 PAVE LOW Reunion, we are seeking a Planning Committee to make decisions, and to plan and execute the reunion. Jessika Hickman has volunteered to chair the committee.
There are several sub-committees that will need to be staffed and we are asking for volunteers (see below). The Committee as a whole will vote on the dates, location, pricing, theme, etc. of the reunion. The idea is to post the information a year out in advance so that others can plan for leave, vacation time, etc. to attend.
Golf Tourney Chair: TBD
Motorcycle Ride Chair: TBD
Entertainment Chair: Jessika Hickman
Sales/souvenirs Chair: TBD
Food/Beverage Chair: TBD
Set-up/tear down: Chair: TBD
History/Memorabilia Chair: John Hickman
Registration/Payments: Vince DePersio
Send your request to volunteer (and the position)
Click here to fill out the 2014 Reunion Survey!
- On 7 June at 1000, Lt Col Mike "Big Daddy" Holder will assume command of the 71st SOS at Kirtland AFB, NM.
Ceremony will be held in Hangar 1000.
- New updates to photogallery site (not new photos....yet). More plugins available giving users more flexibility with photos.
- MilitaryMahogany.com is producing a hand carved mahagony MH-53 PAVE LOW. A slight delay has put them behind 2-3 weeks, but should have pictures and ordering details soon.
- Where's Seamus? Apparently, he's at Ft. Rucker!
- Darrell Board, PAVE LOW Gunner
31 May at 1430
Parr Officers Club, JBSA-Randolph, TX.
- David Fulton, PAVE LOW Pilot #266
28 June 2013, 1200-1600
Antelope Valley Country Club
Palmdale CA, 93551
- Click here to visit Bless the Children's website.
Reaching out to our PAVE LOW family. John Grove's legacy lives on and not just in the PAVE LOW world. John helped fund "Bless the Children", an international organization helping the poorest children of the world who are living under extreme conditions. He did this with his own retirement check! After his passing, several other caring PAVE guys stepped in to help out.
In short, we're looking for annual donations in order to provide a minimum of $2000 a month for this organization.
With your help (en mass), this is easily achievable. Some have already chipped in $100/month, but with your lump sum or recurring donation of ANY amount, we can help keep John's legacy alive by helping these children out.
- The official PAVE LOW history book is finally released!
"On A Steel Horse I Ride" written by Darrel Whitcomb can be purchased by Non-DoD/Military/Retired personnel from the Air University.
The AFSOC historian is giving some away, although I'm sure they will go fast or are already gone.
BENEFITS (Updated 2/26/12)
- V.A. Fact Sheets
- eBenefits (VA Online Access)
- VA Caregiver Services
- VA assigns officer to Verify Claims Involving Secret Msns
- PTSD Fact Sheet (.pdf) from the VA (h/t B. Bassett)
- Retirees can subscribe to Retirement Info & Updates
- VA Info - NVG Factors | Back problems
- Get your DD 214 from On-line
- Additional Social Security Benefits for military vets
- Must read story on the dust overseas (h/t K. Wilson)
- Two back pain articles (VA claims?). Article 1 | Article 2
- OEF/OIF Veterans(VA Info)
The PAVE CAVE Store
S&H included for all items
6" PAVE LOW Vinyl Decal
Green Hornet Vinyl Decal
** PAVE LOW NEWSLETTER**
Subscribe to the Relay Chatter Lite Newsletter!
Donate to the PAVE CAVE website!
Donations will be used to cover web hosting services .
Click to view our Financial Statement.
WEBSITES & PAVE STUFF (Updated 3/26/13)
- SSgt Elwood Eugene "Woodie" Rumbaugh
- Task Force Omega (Lt Rich Van De Geer)
- Aviation Art Hangar (PAVE LOW)
- Paul Treleven PAVE LOW Paintings (Click here)
- Link to pics of 69-5785 displayed at Maxwell AFB, AL
- YouTube link to the 21st SOS "Slife, Slife, baby" video
- Chuck Gutshall and Walt Brown at Cosford, England
- USAF National Museum Virtual Tour (h/t Kevin Wilson)
- News article from Kirtalnd AFB about the PAVE LOW
- How Federal Jobs are Filled (Job Help)
- The National Archives (mil. records)
- DoD e-mail address (.mil only)
- Message from Steve Kelly (PAVE Pilot):
He was disgnosed w/ cancer in Oct '08 & beat it.
Great insight & offer to help.
- Air Force names building after Maj Randy Voas (article)
- Great IT and Social Networking articles to keep you safe.
Best Practice for Home Networking